Two, Better Than More For Earlimart



(6.8/10) I never thought I would find one of my favorite songs of the year this week...

As I've been catching up on the slew of albums released this summer, Earlimart have been lingering in my ears since last year's Mentor Tormentor, which we placed "Nevermind The Phonecalls" at #49 in our top songs of last year. But this time its just the two you see above and since over time, the group has diminished to only vocalist Aaron Espinoza and his sidekick Ariana Murray (bassist/keyboardist/singer). Its hard to imagine now, that even Brian Aubert was once a part of the band named after a two-mile wide area.

The band has since been developing and blooming into something magnificent. I didn't get chills from Earlimart's Mentor Tormentor in 2007 and I didn't get any for Hymn & Her, but the album is sure-fire for what its worth. The production in the album is better, the craftmanship of each song lingers like that of their days of old, yet somehow each song takes a turn when you least expect it. Before I knew it, I could help but admit that I really enjoyed this album.

Aside from the composition of the album and the flow and entrancement it gets me into, like that of their inspiration, Elliott Smith, I found a few gems on this album, most particularly "Face Down In The Right Town". The song itself is a different direction that I normally fall into, but its near impossible to get caught up in the whispered "Doo-do's" of Espinoza's unmistakable voice.

All else aside, its a cool, summer song with an upbeat facade - rare for Earlimart. With Hymn & Her, its now noticable that the two remaining members of the band provided the biggest assets to Earlimart's success. With all other members cast off on this album, they created an album that is lush and palatable, yet even more lovable for their devoted followers.

MP3: Earlimart - Face Down In The Right Town (buy)

If you enjoyed this song, you can buy the album here.

Official - http://www.earlimartmusic.com/
MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/earlimart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment





MusicUnderFire

Subscribe Here!



Add to Technorati Favorites

Recent Comments

Followers

The Archives

Labels

Disclaimer

All mp3s are posted because we care enough about the bands to post their songs. If you like them as much as we do, buy their CD, go to their show and help spread the word.

Our MP3s are kept up for a limited time, but if you're an artist who doesn't want your songs posted here, email us and we'll take it down.

Blogger Template by
MusicUnderFire


Copyright 2008 | MusicUnderFire.com